Every travel agency offers specific services to its clients which differ from an agency to another. For example, some agencies are specialized in Visa services, some others in tour packages, ticketing, corporate travel, hotel reservations, and so on.
The quality of these services is different too. For any agency, the number one priority should be to deliver the best possible services to its customers which is also the expectation of most clients to receive quality services.
Quality services will improve and keep sustainable any company not only travel agencies. Having a professional services team will have a great positive impact on your travel agency’s service level, customer satisfaction, feedback via viral marketing, and on your sales volume. Thus, every company’s main goal should be to increase and retain its positive impacts and reduce or minimize at the lowest possible level its negative impacts.
Below are some main possible negative impacts that you should avoid them:
- Word of mouth: One of the main negative impacts that a service team could create for its company is the negative words of mouth via viral marketing. This problem has existed for a long time ago from now even before social media existence, and it still retains till today. Negative words and unfriendly behavior are enough reasons to any client to leave the table and may be never visit your agency again.
This is not a new phenomenon, but the problem is always there. So, ensure you’re avoiding it enough or if faced, then eliminate or resolve it effectively and efficiently in a timely manner.
- Expectations: Setting too high expectations of your service level to your customers, but undeliverable is another way that makes so many clients never trust your travel agency again. And once you lose clients’ trust,it’s hard to win it back again.
- Customers’ needs and wants: Offer services your customer doesn’t really care about. For example, you can’t offer your customer a discount on flight ticket while all he/she cares about, and needs is having a visa to a specific country. Make sure you understand your customers’ needs and offer them the services/products they want to buy from your travel agency, and not the ones you want to sell.
- Discounts without detailed finance study. A lot of companies can be a good example for this case. Discounts are important to enhance customers’ interest to buy your products, but you should study that first to see how positively or negatively the provided discount may affect your total sales volume. Your discounts should not have a negative impact on your cash flow, and they should be a strategy to satisfy and attract more clients and in result have larger sales volume.
- Wrong timing to implement great ideas. You never know when will you be inspired to establish a creative idea for your travel agency improvement as it might hit you at any moment. But before implementing any campaign or creating a new idea, you must decide the right timing for implementation.Many great ideas have failed to be implemented because of a lack of a commonsense. So, make sure you consider time factor for your future plans.
Few steps you take towards implementation of your new ideas might boost further growth of your company or destroy what you have been building for years. Make sure you’re taking the right step, doing the right action, and choosing the right time for your plans.
Always have in mind that what you do now is a part of your company’s future,and it can either help you to further grow what you have been building, or destroy it.
Discover more about Babylon Booking’s blogs, system,features, prices, and variety of airlines content available in one FREE access interface.To receive your log in/credentials detail for our B2B air ticketing portal,please register on our Website or send us an Email to help you with your registration, and to get more detailed information on our portal.