Group booking is defined as 10 or more passengers occupying seats, booked together,all travelling on the same route, date and flight on the same PNR.
It includes any time of group travelling together for a business, religious, or leisure… etc. any booking made and paid individually is not considered as a group booking no matter what the number of passengers is.
A deposit of 25% non-refundable amount should be paid to the airline to secure the seats and quoted fares, subject to seat availability up on receipt of deposit. Taking into consideration that fare given cannot be guaranteed and it’s subjected to change in case of the deposit is not received from the airline.
And if the group didn’t pay the outstanding balance within the seat time limit, the group request will be declined, and deposit will be forfeited.
The advantages of group bookings are:
While one of the biggest benefits to booking group travel through an agency is to save the professor or faculty member the time and hassle of handling the booking on their own, there are several other benefits, including:
- The seat count can be reduced with no penalty charge(as long as the group remains at 10+ passengers).
- The travel is flexible until 90 days in advance.
- The deposits paid to the airline providers are refundable.
- Your group will work with a dedicated agent for personalized service. This agent is a direct contact, someone who knows the industry and can work on your reservation should any questions or complications arise.
- Many agents travel on the routes they book and try the tours themselves, so they can speak to suggestions for your booking from experience.
- Some agencies offer the group leader the ability to have students log into the agency’s portal and make their reservation directly(versus the professor collecting the money and making a lump sum payment to the agency) and can provide a report to the group leader that visibly shows what students have booked at any given time.
Discover more about Babylon Booking’s blogs, system, features, prices, and variety of airlines content available in one FREE access interface. To receive your login details/credentials for access to our B2B air ticketing portal, please register on our Website or send us an Email to help you with your registration, and for you to get more detailed information on our portal.