As known, many travel agencies play different roles in the industry. Each with a specific characteristics and responsibilities. In this blog, we will discover more about travel agency types and what are the roles of each of them.
- GSA of a Foreign Travel Company: representing a service or product of a foreigner company. The headquarter will empower the GSA to become their authorized partner in a specific market to enhance more travel specialists to benefit from the product/service.
- Business travel agencies: arranges business trips for a category of travelers with the best deals available and highest quality of services.
- Cargo travel agencies: can be considered as the smallest percentage of the industry that is associated with cargo and shipping.
- Online Travel agencies:known as OTAs. Specialized in offering products and services related to travel and tourism industry via a non-brick and mortal travel agencies. Selling hotel rooms, flight tickets, and tour packages online.
- Multi-destination or outbound travel agencies: this type is considered as the most common between travelers. It manages tour packages including flight tickets, hotel rooms, visa assessment, and car rental in one or more package.
- Car rental companies:dedicated to providing car rental services for their B2B and B2C clients.
- Inbound tour operators:are considered experts in a given destination, and they are aware of the best tours and activities in any region. They guide many local and international tourists for different sightseeing in their base region.
- Destination management companies: is commonly dedicated to provide professional services for the planning and implementation of out-of-town events,programs, and services. The value of a destination management company primarily rests in the company’s extensive knowledge of the local area as well as its professional relationships and local resources.
- Tour Packaging and Costing: prepare tour package and sell them to tourists. The coasting and pricing of tour packages depend to a large extent on the ability of travel agent as to how effectively he is able to negotiate with the principal suppliers.
- Travel Insurance companies: protects the travelers against the personal as well as baggage losses resulting from a wide range of travel related happenings and problems.
- Tour Operators: Tour operator is an organization,firm or company who buys individual travel components, separately from their suppliers and combines them into a package tour, which is sold with their own price tag to the public directly or through middlemen.
Discover more about Babylon Booking’s blogs, system, features, prices, and variety of airlines content available in one FREE access interface. To receive your login details/credentials for access to our B2B air ticketing portal, please register on our Website or send us an Email to help you with your registration, and for you to get more detailed information on our portal.