Lead generation is the act of stimulating interest amongst your target audience for a particular product or service you are selling. Trade shows, exhibitions or conferences are places you can collect a pool of contact details of people who are potentially interested in your product. Exhibitions and events also can provide a fantastic opportunity to generate new leads for your business. Lead generation describes the marketing process of stimulating and capturing interest in a product or service for the purpose of developing sales pipeline.
The first step in planning your trade show success is to set effective and realistic trade show objectives and means of measurements. Effectively planning your show’s objectives and reasons for exhibiting are critical. Asking why you are there and what the expected outcome should be is necessary to any successful exhibiting venture. Choosing the right measurement tools enables you to draw the correct conclusion and evaluate your return on investment. The below a few tips on how to maximize leads generation for your event:
• Be specific. Ask only details that you need to know.
• Understand roles. Try to figure out the decision makers in the event.
• Be prepared to inform. Collect all the relevant material to the product you are trying to sell.
• Manage your time. Understand how long your pitch should be
• Prepare a sound pitch. Knowing what to say when addressing someone enhances confidence and chances to succeed.
• Follow up on your leads
• Connect with people.
• Train your team.